How much do you know about the bulbs that you put into your quality lighting fixtures from Lighting Concepts? Now is the time to test your knowledge!
- Who invented the first commercially successful light bulb?
- What type of air is inside an incandescent light bulb?
- The filament inside a modern incandescent light bulb is made from what type of metal?
- LEDs are small light sources used in electronic devices. What does LED stand for?
- True or False: The yellow light bulbs on some porches work to repel bugs.
- What percentage of energy in a 100 Watt incandescent light bulb is converted to visible light?
- Joseph Swan invented the first commercially successful light bulb. He actually patented the idea in Britain a full year before Edison received his US patent.
- To prevent the filament from burning out too quickly, the bulb is filled with an inert gas.
- The filament is made from Tungsten.
- LED stands for “Light Emitting Diode.”
- False! Insects can’t see the color yellow, so bugs are neither attracted to nor repelled by yellow light bulbs.
- 2.6% of energy is converted into visible light. Most of the energy actually gets converted to heat.