After the three day long Fourth of July weekend, it’s time to head back to the office. Most people dread the end of these long weekends more than the ends of regular two day weekends. After a spending the last three days relaxing at home with your family and friends, who could blame them for being a little down in the dumps? Although, there are ways to make work feel a bit more like home.
For cubicle dwellers, you can use small personal touches to personalize your space. Here are some things that may brighten your day.
- Flowers and plants can boost your mood and add some color to your work space.
- Place one or two framed photos on your dek. These photos will remind you of happy times with family and friends.
- Add some light and style to your cubicle with a desk lamp. Make sure you choose a size lamp that will fit on your desk.
Below are some tips for those of you looking to make your office a bit homier.
- If you can paint your office walls, choose a color that represents your personality, but make sure it’s also business appropriate.
- Hang some artwork or family photos on the walls. If you have children, let them draw you a picture, frame it and hang it on your office wall.
- Offices aren’t restricted to small potted plants. You can place a large potted flower, plant or a small tree in the corner of your office.
- Buy floor lamps that suit your style and your tastes. Instead of using the ceiling lighting, light your office with the floor lamps.
- Invest in a set of comfortable arm chairs. These will come in handy when you’re working early in the morning or late at night.
- You can also purchase end or accent tables for decorating purposes.
Be creative and have fun when decorating your work space, but don’t go overboard in the decorating department. You don’t want it to look like your bedroom did when you were 16. These tips are sure to help you add a little touch of home to brighten your work day.